In the Byzantine period, there seemed to be a tower called “Tetratsiyon” intended for observing fires in remote locations where the present Beyazit Tower stands. In 1749, over the Ottoman period, the tower was built with the architect, Kirkor Balyan, who finished his education in L’École des Beaux-Arts in Paris. It supports the distinction of being the initial fire observing tower. The tower was built by Hüseyin Ağa and contains been called “Harik Kiosk” or “Harik Tower.” The saying “harik” means fire. The performers within the tower are classified as “köşklü, köşlü, or dideban.” Through the march of insurgents, the wooden tower was set ablaze by the Janissaries. The tower was rebuilt for a passing fancy site in 1828 outside of stone by Senekerim Balyan, the brother of the architect Kirkor Balyan under the command of Sultan Mahmut II. Prior to Beyazıt Tower was constucted, the minarets from the Süleymaniye Mosque were used to observe fires. The height from the tower measures 85 meters, And also the tower features a wooden staircase of 256 steps.